26 Feb Top 10 Reasons to Buy Local
Buying Local is a simple concept that has a positive impact on our local communities and the economy as a whole. The most obvious reasons are that it helps the environment, strengthens the economy, and creates a sense of community. Not only does it make you feel good to support your fellow community members but it also benefits you personally.
Here are our Top 10 Reasons to Buy Local:
- Helps Mother Earth. Significantly less fuel is burned and less packaging is required for a local purchase, which makes them inherently eco-friendly. Think about office supplies, for example. Our trucks make local deliveries, thus using less gas to get products to your door. We will also consolidate your products into large deliveries whenever we can. Thus, having a more positive impact on the environment.
- Better Customer Service. Local businesses get to know their customers, sometimes even by name. They also often hire people with a better understanding of the products they are selling.
- Strengthens the Economy. When you buy local, you put more money back into your local economy. You help keep small businesses in business and people employed. Also, local businesses are more likely to invest in the local communities.
- Creates More Jobs. Local businesses are the largest employer nationally and often provide the most jobs to residents of the community.
- Supports Non-profits. According to SustainableConnections.org, non-profit organizations receive an average 250% more support from smaller business owners than they do from large businesses.
- Sense of Community. Local business owners usually live in the community, and are more invested in the community’s future. By supporting these businesses you are supporting the community as a whole.
- Choices. A marketplace of tens of thousands of small businesses is the best way to ensure innovation and low prices over the long-term.; A multitude of small businesses, each selecting products based not on a national sales plan, but on their own interests and the needs of their local customers, guarantees a much broader range of product choices.
- Puts Taxes to Good Use. When you buy from a local business, that sales tax is essentially an investment in your own community – better schools, better infrastructure, better facilities and services, better roads and bridges, and a safer community for everyone.
- Value and Durability. Buying local, more often than not, means buying products with better value and durability. In comparison to larger companies that quickly produce the most products at the lowest cost. Buying local ensures quality in your purchase.
- Uniqueness. All of the businesses, homes, and people make a community home. A community’s one-of-a-kind businesses are an integral part of its distinctive character. This also benefits tourism because people will want to come visit a community that is better than the rest.
Let us know where you like to buy local in Michigan on our Facebook page!